When your realtor agrees that the time is right to hold an open house to try and secure an offer on your home, you have to strike while the iron is hot to make the most of this opportunity. The open house is your one chance to get dozens of potential buyers inside the house in a more relaxed setting, and your best chance to get them emotionally connected to the house.
Regardless a buyers or sellers market, these open house staging tips will give you the best chance to attract the right buyer, “furnished” by Premier one – one of real estate Charleston SC best providers :
1. Get everything off those kitchen counter-tops and box up any additional clutter. If it doesn’t fit comfortably in a cabinet drawer, box it up because you want that kitchen to look as roomy as possible. A cluttered kitchen just turns off a buyer right out of the blocks.
2. Take down all the pictures around the house of your family and get them boxed up for the move today. The goal here is to let the buyers become emotionally attached to the house and imagine their families living there. They should not be spending any effort trying to imagine your kids NOT living there any longer.
3. Clean out closets, spare bedrooms, the basement, and box it all and move it to a storage facility. If you put all these boxes on the garage, the buyers are going to think they can’t keep their items in the house and will need to store in the garage too because space is limited. You must create the illusion your house has more than enough room throughout.
4. Hire a professional cleaning service to steam clean carpeting, upholstery, tiles, and to polish the hardwood floors, wash windows, and restore grout work. The goal is to give the house a complete once-over so a potential buyer gets to see the best of the house when they are in each room.
5. If anything needs repair, do it before the open house. Call a handyman to fix that leaking sink, repair a toilet that keeps running, fix a dripping refrigerator, and restore that noisy HVAC system. The less the buyer can complain about, the more bargaining power you will have when you set the selling price of the home.
Now that you are aware of how to stage for an open house, get working on as many of these as possible and you should see those offers coming in that you had been hoping for.