If you are committed to buying a boat, and you think that new is the way to go, maybe you have not thought this through completely or you are just caught up in the excitement and making an impulse buy. The boats will be there tomorrow, it might be a good idea if you simply take a step back and consider all the benefits to buying used instead. If after reading the following information you are not convinced, then buying a new boat might be the only solution for you.
Here are some reasons many people consider buying the used boats when boat shopping:
1. With a used boat, you get a much cheaper price right out of the gates. Even if the boat has been used once, you are going to save thousands apposed to buying new from the showroom. In some cases the original manufacturer warranty is still in place.
2. Many times you can negotiate with the seller, especially if they are motivated. This means you could make a cash offer much lower than their asking price and still walk away with the deal because they simply know it will cost them more to wait for another buyer to come along.
3. Most boat owners take pride in their boats and add all sorts of upgrades after they put it in the water. You not only get a cheaper price, you could be getting an upgraded engine, new stereo system, or state of the art entertainment system already installed with your boat.
4. In some cases, if the boat is still fairly new, you may still qualify for all the manufacturer warranties on parts. This can really seal the deal for many people who are on the fence about buying from a previous owner.
5. When you are buying from a private seller, you may have the opportunity to come up with some really creative payment options. Perhaps this seller is looking to get a used car for their college bound kid or is in the market for landscaping equipment you already own and want to sell. Striking up a trade for the boat could benefit both of you and get you in your boat without spending a penny more than you already have.
These are only a few of the advantages to buying a boat used. If you don’t think these are worth your time, then you are still free to shell out top dollar for a brand new boat. For more info on buying a used boat visit Boatmo.com